Friday, April 1, 2011
Cactus Encounter of the worst kind!
During or first hike this morning we had a little accident! We had hiked to the end of the trail, which was a fantastic, high rock formation, with beautiful views and lovely scenery. There were a bunch of prickly pear cacti, which has been interesting us for the whole trip, especially since we sampled the candy made from the fruit of it. One of the cacti had a bloom, or fruit on it, and I wanted to take a picture of it, but instead of walking around on the trail to get to it, I stepped over and between a couple of cacti. Tia followed me, and I guess Anika followed her, because just as I heard Tia say "be careful Anika, those are pokey', I turned around to see Anika trying to walk between them, and she was teetering, and I gasped but couldn't do anything, and She fell right into the cacti!! Poor, poor little girl! Scott was right there and he scooped her up and I dashed back over the way I had just come, and we spent the next 15 minutes picking cactus pokes out of the sobbing girl! Scott had her arm and hand and I was trying to do her leg and her clothes - they were everywhere! She even had them in her stomach! Some of them left blood spots where we picked them out, but most were pretty shallow, but it really hurt, and her legs were just shaking! Lucky for us Scott is very calm in a crisis, and he kept her pretty calm! We got everything out, then stripped her right down to make sure we had everything out of her clothes and skin. She had lots of little bumps everywhere we picked pokies out, which a nurse who came by said was a mild allergic reaction. Her hand bugged her the most,and she favoured it for the rest of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment